BMG – Copyright Data Services Manager (DE)
We are looking for a Manager (f/m/d) for our Copyright Data Services Team. You are a highly committed and proactive professional, enjoy working in a team and want to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG.
You will support our global copyright services team. This includes, among others
- Preparing song data for worldwide registration with collecting societies
- Analyze large amounts of data and troubleshoot issues when dealing with different data formats and interfaces
- Processing large amounts of data, including the use of reporting tools
- Work in our internal databases and actively participate in the development of these and our workflows
- Communication with our internal colleagues in local BMG offices around the world
- Research, identify and rectify registration problems in collecting societies.
- You already have experience in music publishing at a music publisher or rights company.
- You have a good knowledge of working with data, data analysis or similar.
- You have experience with MS-Office programs, especially Excel or Access.
- You have a good knowledge of working with SQL, JQL, Python or similar.
- In addition, you have technical affinities, good numerical reasoning and excellent attention to detail.
- You have successfully completed your studies in computer science, music business or similar.
- Fluent English completes your profile.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- BMG’s unique culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century work environment, collaborative and flexible
- Benefits such as a bright and newly renovated office in the heart of Berlin, BVG jobticket, Headspace membership, working from home regulations and many more
- A commitment to helping team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people passionate about working for artists and songwriters
What you need to know about us
BMG – founded in 2008 – is the world’s fourth-largest music company, the first new global music player in the streaming era, and both a record label and music publisher. Named one of the 2020 World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – an unrelenting focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices in 12 major music markets now represent more than three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by the international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all its forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you are good at what you do, come as you are.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.