Data Services Operations Manager Job at Bassett Healthcare Network
Are you looking to make a difference by improving the health of our patients? At Bassett Healthcare Network, you’ll find an innovative patient-centric culture dedicated to making a difference. We are committed to helping the people we serve and our communities achieve optimal health and enjoy the highest quality of life possible.
Reporting to the Development Operations Manager, the Operations Manager, Database Services is responsible for the quality and structure of the database that supports the fundraising efforts of the entire fundraising team . The position has a thorough knowledge of IRS fundraising regulations as well as a good working knowledge of best practices in fundraising operations. Ensures the accuracy of all additions, changes and deletions in data and demonstrates a thorough understanding of the impact of data structure on reporting and financial analysis.
- Manage data and gift entry and database structure (Raiser’s Edge). Ensure effective departmental procedures are in place for data management, gift coding, donor attributes, proposals, portfolio development, report and list generation, maintaining health and data accuracy, maintaining donor experience maps, maintaining dashboards, and creating goals and standards within donor management. systems.
- Prepare, develop and maintain department procedure documentation, keeping SOPs current and compliant with applicable IRS regulations and operating best practices.
- Train and oversee the development associate’s gift entry work and provide technical support to other database users.
- Perform fund/gift file reconciliation, including responding to auditor documentation requests.
- Maintain and monitor electronic transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Mathematics or Statistics preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of directly applicable work experience. Prior experience in the following areas is required: database management; gift entry; general fundraising operations.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles and with fundraising databases – Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce preferred.
- Attention to detail, problem-solving skills, highest level of professional integrity.
- Sedentary Work – Using up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking or standing is only occasionally required and all other criteria for sedentary life are met.
- Walk, sit, lift no more than 25 lbs.
- Ability to sit and work in front of a computer for long periods of time
- Must be willing to travel to network hospitals and other sites as needed
- Additional physical demands may be needed for clinical jobs
Our commitment to our employees includes benefit programs designed to meet the diverse needs of our employee population.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid leave, including holidays and public holidays
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our network, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are paid for by the company, while others are available through employee contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location and/or position.
Bassett Medical Center provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related condition), age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, family status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status protected by law.